Privacy and cookies
Privacy Notice for Employers and Learners/Apprentices
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you informed, here is our Privacy Notice which sets out how we store and use your information.
We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice in full. However, to summarise:
- We will always use your data within the law.
- We will never sell your data.
- We will always respect your wishes about how you would like to be contacted.
If you have any queries, please contact:
Inspiro Learning Limited
105 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7NJ
The Data Controller is Babcock Skills Development and Training Limited. Our Registration Number in the Data Protection Public Register is Z3172102. Our Data Protection Officer is the Inspiro Learning Limited Chief Executive Officer, who can be contacted at 33 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 1QX.
Inspiro Learning is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and since the 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations. This Privacy Notice explains how your personal information is processed and used by Inspiro, and for what purposes it is held.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Inspiro are one the UK’s largest apprenticeship and training providers. We’ve grown our business by growing professionals — designing employer-led programmes that provide life-changing, career-shaping skills and experiences for their employees.
Throughout the country, our teams are at work across a range of consumer-focused sectors, from Automotive, Adult Social Care, Hospitality to Rail, Retail and Warehousing, Business Skills and Managed Learning Services.
While every programme is underpinned by a proven and robust delivery model, each is tailored to our partner’s ambitions, requirements, and strategy.
We do this by contacting employers of potential learners, contacting potential learners themselves, advertising and filling vacancies, and enrolling learners on apprenticeships.
Collecting your information and recording your progress allows us to support learners to achieve their chosen qualifications and enables us to manage the funding of the apprenticeships.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Inspiro’s Mission is to open doors to a safe and empowering environment, where learners can develop life-changing skills, by providing first class quality training, support and development to employers and learners across a wide range of sectors.
Through high quality delivery of training and working in partnership with employers and Government bodies, Inspiro aims to support employers to develop their businesses and improve the work skills of all young people and adults across the UK.
Inspiro strives to influence positive change and ensure that all training, including Government funded provision, is employer led and employer focused.
Inspiro processes the information of employers and learners in pursuit of its legitimate interests in:
- supporting learners to achieve their chosen qualifications
- managing the funding of the apprenticeships
- supporting employers’ and potential learners’ access to apprenticeship opportunities.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD AND WHERE HAS IT COME FROM?
In order to fulfil the purposes outlined above, we have a database, which holds password protected personal data collected by Inspiro during the course of its relationship with employers and learners.
The database is hosted in a secure data centre, and held on servers that are administered by Inspiro’s data partner. Backups are taken daily. Further information about our security arrangements can be provided on request.
The majority of information we hold is obtained directly from employers and learners, although initially some contact information may be purchased from a data house company.
Personal information may include:
- Personal identifiers and biographic information consisting of your student number, name, date of birth, title, gender
- Family, spouse and partner details
- Your contact details including postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers
- Information about your time at school, college, university
- Your employment details
- Your current interests
- Records of communications sent to you by Inspiro or received from you
- Your communication preferences
- Records of your attendance at Inspiro Learning events
- Notes of meetings that you have had with Inspiro staff
Please note, Inspiro DOES NOT collect or store credit/debit card details.
Any sensitive personal data (e.g. relating to learning disabilities) will only be held if it has been provided by you for a specific purpose (e.g. to determine level of educational support required).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use your data for a number of training activities including:
- providing services, including access to a number of third party hosted learning support platforms
- conducting surveys, including research on the support we provide
- internal record keeping, including the management of feedback or complaints
- requesting funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Unless otherwise identified, to contact you to offer services linked to apprenticeships we understand may be of interest. This may include contacting employers to offer apprenticeship recruitment services for new and existing staff and contacting individuals who have registered their details with us to discuss apprenticeship opportunities
- administrative purposes (e.g. in order to process apprenticeships, traineeships, qualifications).
We want to communicate with you in a way that meets your needs and requests. Depending on the preferences you have already expressed, we might communicate with you by post, telephone, e-mail or text.
We are committed to protecting your data and will not disclose it to third parties other than those acting as processors for Inspiro Learning under strictly controlled contracts. Some examples include third party hosted learning support platforms and companies, and funding agencies. Any such companies are acting as processors of Inspiro Learning and Inspiro retains full responsibility for your personal data. Any transfers of data to such organisations will be done securely and in compliance with the Data Protection Act, and since the 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations.
You can amend the information we hold about you at any time by calling 0800 731 8199 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use these contact details to update your communication preferences.
We will hold your data for a period of time defined by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, or until you ask us to do otherwise. If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain a core set of personal data which will include: name, achievement details, date of birth and unique identification number so that we do not contact you inadvertently in future, and to maintain your education details for evidentiary purposes.
We will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication, or for any specific purpose.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You have the right to:
- access the personal data which Inspiro Learning holds about you. This is called a Subject Access Request and must be made to the Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the top of this Privacy Notice
- have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- request that we remove your personal data (other than name, achievement details, date of birth and unique identification number)
- restrict the processing of your personal data, for example, ask us not to contact you
object to the processing of your data for specific purposes such as communications or direct marketing
- ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party (data portability)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Inspiro Learning will never sell your data. We will also never share your data with anyone to use for their own purposes unless disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Any breach of the Data Protection Act will be reported to Inspiro Learning’s Data Protection Officer in accordance with Inspiro’s Data Protection Policy.
This Privacy Notice was approved by Inspiro Learning’s Chief Executive Officer and updated in January 2023. It will be reviewed annually and we will publish any changes we make to the Privacy Notice on our website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please do get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Chief Executive Officer, Inspiro Learning, 105 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7NJ.