News / Inspiro and BMW Academy hand-picked as finalists for prestigious training innovation award
We are thrilled to announce that Inspiro Learning and BMW Group Academy UK have been shortlisted as finalists for the ‘Innovation in Learning (Programme)’ category in the very prestigious The Learning Awards.
The independent judges hand-pick only a few finalists from many hundreds of entries worldwide, so to make the shortlist is a phenomenal achievement. Every finalist has the potential to win, and success often hinges on the quality of the presentation and the evidence supplied when entering the awards.
Our presentation showcased EVolution, an in-retailer training roadshow for our automotive partner, BMW Group Academy UK. The aim of the training was to train nearly 8,800 people working within the entire BMW and MINI retailer network in UK and Ireland within 6 weeks on “Why electric matters?”.
The initiative would upskill the retailer network on a mass scale, building their understanding and awareness of Electric Vehicles (EV), regardless of their job role or customer touchpoint. Training would enable staff to confidently support customers considering the switch to an EV, whilst addressing objections and myths that exist within the public sphere.
For this training to be rolled out in a tight timescale to many individuals, we reshaped conventional training design. We:
- Commenced research on pre-existing EV knowledge and then implemented a 2-tier delivery model with training at a basic and advanced level.
- Undertook online questionnaires accessing current knowledge and auto-allocating individuals to appropriate training levels based on their results.
- Delivered Level 1 training via iPad-based gamification for basic knowledge.
- Delivered Level 2 training via tailored coaching for advanced knowledge.
- Arranged for 29 regional trainers to travel by fully electric BMW vehicles to retailers across the UK and Ireland to deliver individual and group sessions which encouraged questions, shared experiences, and built confidence.
- Used a bespoke interactive online learning platform which was easily accessible via iPad and smartphones to increase engagement level.
- Held post roadshow digital training for non-attendees so no-one was left out.
The success of the roadshows surpassed our expectations with:
- 9,338 retail staff trained face to face – 85% of the network.
- 492 staff subsequently trained digitally, increasing network coverage to 89%.
- 156 Retailers visiting in 6 consecutive weeks.
- Increased EV confidence by 30%
- Received 9.39 out of 10 training feedback score.
Evolution has provided a platform to build future training and following overwhelming feedback we have been able to extend the training to BMW Group UK internal department including the board of management. We have successfully equipped the group to lead into the era of automotive electrification.
We’re very proud of our achievement and look forward to attending the gala awards ceremony in February when the winners will be announced.